Wednesday 19 August 2015

Welcome to Your Pocket Companion to Beeston

Since I first created a Beeston Underground style guide to the town's pubs and cafés map in 2013, it has undergone a number of changes. I have described my latest version as a 'Pocket Companion to Beeston' and will incorporate a reverse side so that it can be published.  It has been created A3 landscape size, but prints perfectly well in A4 landscape, albeit the text and images are smaller, but readable. My maps are always created to print in mono as well as colour.

It now includes all Beeston's blue plaque locations and some additional shops. Feedback is always welcome. My aim is to have some printed copies available for the Beeston Heritage Open days weekend, 10–13 September 2015.



I think I can fairly claim to have been publishing the most up-to-date map of Beeston pubs & cafés there is since 2013 and today I have added Time for Tea Vintage Tearoom to the map. This wonderful tearoom is tucked away in a little end of terrace house on Wilkinson Street, right beside Broxtowe Borough Council offices


It is the creation of Emma Smith (left), who is being helped by her mum, Jane Blake (right). The are making cakes and selling loose leaf teas. Click on the picture to enlarge it and read today's menu!


You can find a link to Time for Tea on Facebook. I wish them well. The smell of baking cake from the back of the tearoom was so so teatime. Go soon. You won't be disappointed. This could become Beeston's answer to Nottingham's Lee Rosie Tearoom (opposite the Broadway Cinema).



No comments:

Post a Comment