Friday 3 November 2017

Beeston maps going A1 and posts to come

It's almost a month to the day since my last post. Time goes by at an alarming rate of knots, so I have made the decision to find new homes for my maps and bus boxes. The Beeston maps may well end up with Let's Go To Beeston which has passed to a group of volunteers based at Middle Street Resource Centre.  'I am in talks' as they say and will be taking 4 x A1 size versions of the Beeston Maps to the Resource Centre's annual public meeting on Monday:


Over the past few years I have been supported by Judy Sleath, Chair of Beeston & District Civic Society, Simon at Pixel & Graphics and Matt Turpin, he of The Beestonian, and they have seen it morph from a single line to what it is now. I will stay with it until others are confident to take over, but 'the branding' will change if my maps are taken over so to speak.
To see the first ever A1 versions of my maps come along to Middle Street Resource Centre on Monday evening. I'm particularly pleased with my Beeston Nights map even though it remains a work in progress (see section of map below). In a room with the lights off and Aaron Copland's Quiet City suite in the background I love what I've created so far. Before I take it further I hope to get some feedback, so watch this space.

Click on image to enlarge.



Tomorrow morning I will post some pieces about Basecamp, The Last Post and Iquazu I have had waiting weeks to be posted, all delayed by family taking top spot, including a visit to North Somerset to meet my 82 year old half-brother for the first time (another story I have to post). Then there is the data about HIMOs and council tax exempt properties in the Borough of Broxtowe which is nearly ready. When I publish that map I really will retire from Beeston Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment