Wednesday 23 December 2020

From now on when I eat a Tunnocks Tea Cake...

... I will see it a little differently, thanks to a lady in Scotland named Jacki Gordon and BBC News, who published a story today about how the photo below, and other photographs came to be created (here is the link). 


There are more amusing pics in the news story. This one caught my attention because I like Tunnocks Tea Cakes and treat myself at Christmas and this afternoon I got the box from the fridge...


...then I opened it...


...and placed the tea cake on a plate large enough to catch any escaping chocolate or crumbs...


...then I unwrapped it...


...and took my first bite, careful only to eat some of the chocolate, revealing what is inside. This really is heaven on a plate...


...I'm sorry that I can't show you what happens next because it will be too painful to watch if you don't have a Tunnocks Tea Cake of your own to eat. All I can tell you is that I do what I do as slowly as possible and have a deep sense of pleasure when it's all over, that only a few other things in life can equal. For the record, Susan eats a Tunnocks Milk Chocolate Caramel Bar at the same time and a lot faster, even though it weighs more.

The BBC News story about Jacki Gordon is a coincidence, since I had it mind to share my love of Tunnocks Tea Cakes with you over the holiday. I will be eating one a day until the box is empty.

2 comments:

  1. Made me smile,I will follow the link. My next door neighbour used to say 'I could just go a Tunnocks with me tea' - you have to have a Stoke accent of course. I love both caramel bar and teacake but I always worry about my fillings with the bars as they are quite chewy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rosie. This is now quite an exclusive blog. The filling reminds of the 'cream' we used to get with puddings at my primary school in Wembley during the late-40s and early-50s. It wasn't real but the taste and texture was such that it seemed even better and that's how the filling in a Tunnocks Tea Cake seems - still! I feel a story coming on...

    ReplyDelete