Wednesday 21 February 2018

Coming soon a new (or is replacement?) café and bus map imitation.


The signage is up and through the windows there is a glimpse of what is coming. Until 2 December 2016 this location on Beeston High Road was occupied by Gourmet Delights. I did a posting to mark its demise.



At the time of Gourmet's closure the staff thought it was going to become another estate agent. In the event it has stood empty for nearly 15 months before becoming a café again, this time called Coffee & Cream. No opening date as yet, but  in the meantime one has to admire those responsible for their confidence. Others struggle, but you cannot visit them all and we do have our favourites.

On Friday I will be going to one of my favourites to enjoy a rare Stilton Roll with some coleslaw made on the premises. A picture I promise. Last  Thursday it was the best egg bacon & sausage roll you can buy in Beeston for a snip (£5) at Rosie Lea's on Wilkinson Street, off Wollaton Road and within yards of the entrance to Broxtowe Borough Council offices (the July 2017 blog post I have linked you includes a map).

Talking of maps, I have only recently noticed that Nottingham City Transport's September 2017 edition of their bus map (as impressive as always despite the fact that it stopped showing the tram and 'L' LocalLink bus routes a couple of years ago) includes student halls of residence across the city. It seems too much of a coincidence not to be linked to my inclusion of student accommodation on my Beeston map. I may be wrong of course, but it I praise NCT for doing it all the same:



Finally a reference back to my last post about my ideopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and thank you to those who have contacted me. The post has actually breathed new life into BeestonWeek. Life goes on and people like me are very much part of Beeston. I have never been happy in 'exclusive' groups of any kind, despite joining them, so I am not about to dash off and spend my time exclusively in the company of fellow sufferers — which is why continuing a regular post here takes on a new importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment