Friday 3 July 2015

A new extended Beeston Pubs & Cafés Map with added extras and a bus note


I have been working on this new version of my Beeston map since mid-May and at some point I have to share it with the wider world as a way of ironing out its imperfections.

Like my other map, it has been created so that it can be printed in mono with no loss of detail. The background colour in the text boxes will disappear. I know that some of the Beeston Blue Plaque locations need tweaking, but they are all on the right streets, if not quite in the right locations (ie. Humber Road; Nether Street, West End).

I have also extended the map south to include Beeston Lock and Marina, as much so that I can show the new Canalside Heritage Centre. I know it's a work in progress, but Beestonians, a bit like Lentonians, seem to forget the canal and the Trent.

The Nottingham Coach bus route 17 no longer serves Beeston. As from 1 July it is doing a Long Eaton - Toton - Stapleford - Sandiacre - Long Eaton loop every 30 minutes Monday - Friday c9am - 3pm.

Also, from 12 July the new Beeston Interchange will take over from Beeston Bus Station (which will close at the same time) and the YourBus Y36 will return to the same route as Nottingham City Transport's 36 bus route. YourBus will be running the S1 Shopper along Park Street and Broughton Street from c9am - 4pm Monday - Saturday. Let's hope the service is used.

The 'war' between the tram and buses has yet to start (see my March blog), but changes are afoot. I remain confident that the buses will survive, between Beeston and Nottingham and Long Eaton, probably Stapleford too.

Now, back to the new map. I have created the map A3 size, but it scales down to A4 and looks perfectly OK, albeit the text is a little smaller.

As with my original Underground style Beeston map, it is there for others to use and can be easily adapted. All I ask in return is that my Beeston Week box in the left-hand corner remains.

I hope you find the new map of interest. Any comments will be welcome.

To see the map in more detail simply click on the image and it should enlarge. It can be printed A4 or A3 landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment