Monday 7 December 2020

A blog of the moment – nothing more.

 Well, here I am as who I have become – 'a half-day person'. This is how I now describe myself. Still happy, though resigned, for the most part, that it has come to this. My Susan tells friends and family that I find the energy when I want to and this is true, but it comes at a price. Days out are planned with a day of rest before, then followed by a day recovering after. God, this does sound gloomy, but it isn't for a person diagnosed in 2015 with pulmonary fibrosis. From where it came is guesswork - hence the prefix 'idiopathic'. My mother told Susan that, as a child, I 'always had a weak chest' and she died a few days short of her 86th birthday in 2006. In my mid-30s I caught whooping cough and I suspect that damaged my lungs. To date, I consider myself one lucky bunny. Susan keeps a daily journal and I write too. I miss blogging, so here I am back again, but in a less defined way. Half-day person will simply follow my thoughts at a moment during the day. I have no greater ambition than that.

Right now I'm pondering next year's County Council election on Thursday 6th May and how I can help the Labour Party win back control of the county, especially the ward/division I live in: Bramcote and Beeston North. Of one thing I'm sure, the Labour Party's prospective candidate can win. Five months from now; four months into Brexit and Covid-19 still with us, the political landscape in Beeston will be far from settled.

I love how it all comes down to one day — election day!


No comments:

Post a Comment