Wednesday 15 August 2018

Rosie Lea's Tea Room has a temporary resident, so watch where you sit!


Rosie Lea's Tearoom on Wilkinson Avenue, which runs between Wollaton Road and the car park in front of the Council offices, is one of my two favourite Beeston eateries now that Mason & Mason has gone (the other is Local Not Global on Chilwell Road). The trouble is it's too close to home for me to visit as often as I would like.

Yesterday we called in for a snack lunch and I ended up having Rosie Lea's 'All Day Breakfast', which came with generous portions plus two pieces of toast and butter, for just £5.25. The Earl Grey tea rivals Rudyards on the High Road and for two came in a very large pot.

During our 90 minute stay we were watched over by a friendly snake of sorts. Well, I say 'snake', but I will let this pic of our companion speak for itself:




On Tuesday a customer brought this home-grown cucumber in as a gift. The face was added in the tea room. It was friendly enough, although I'm sure I saw it move. Reminded of Metro's annual Halloween guests, which I have featured in a past post.

Rosie Lea's Tea Room, despite its town centre location, is a little off the beaten track. Here they are on a map I posted in March 2018:



No comments:

Post a Comment