Friday 18 August 2017

The latest version of my Beeston 'Vertical' Map will be printed soon. In the meantime...

...you can see it here. To enlarge simply click onto the map. With every edition come more requests for inclusion and I really do my best — hence three Scout groups have been included. There are name changes to schools and cafés as well.

The map is created to be printed A3 portrait, so to include more shops, places and streets I would need to enlarge the size of the map/leaflet (easy enough, but cost is a big factor). This one has been tweaked. I will leave it to you to guess where. I will be sticking with my 'Beeston Vertical Map' because of its flexibility.

The lower 'box' is the map's cover side minus advertising boxes (this will be the first map to include advertising by Beeston businesses. Simon at Pixels & Graphics has been a supporter from the word go and I cannot thank him enough for his assistance over the past four years (yes, four years!). The first version was published in The Beestonian by Matt Turpin, then Judy Sleath, Chair of the Beeston & District Civic Society, got me to create a version for the 2015 Heritage Open Days. I'm sure we all know that a little support goes a long way.

And if you're wondering about what I said about no more posts bar one (about council tax exempt properties in Broxtowe Borough), then my maps will be the exception.  Feedback welcome.





I have another map in the pipeline which I am quite excited about. It's been in my head for a good couple of years and now I think I can do it. The map will have three insets showing bus links to Bulwell-Old Basford (River Leen), Borrowash–Derby (River Derwent) and Ilkeston–Langley Mill (Erewash–Cromford canals). These have yet to be added and I have yet to decide how. In the meantime this is what my Beeston Buses & Tram Water Walks Map looks like:










1 comment: